Worker Visa

Worker Visa

As a multi-cultural society with many available job opportunities, Canada is one of the most popular destinations for foreign workers. Existing Immigration programs and plans create many opportunities for temporary residents to extend their stay and to pursue Canadian permanent residence. Candidates who qualify to apply for a work permit usually fall into one the following categories: Temporary Foreign Worker Program – LMIA Required International Mobility Program (IMP) – LMIA Exemption Global Skills Strategy

For a foreign individual to be able to work in Canada under one of the following programs, he or she must have a work permit or authorization to work without one.

1-the Program for Temporary Foreign Workers
  • To engage foreign workers to fill temporary labor and skill shortages, employers must acquire a Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). The LMIA confirms that a temporary worker is required and that no Canadians or permanent residents are available to fill the position.
2- the International Mobility Program (IMP)
  • Employers can hire temporary workers without an LMIA thanks to the IMP. Exemptions from the LMIA are granted for the following reasons:
  • the country’s broader economic, cultural, or other competitive advantages
  • Canadians and permanent residents both benefit from reciprocal privileges


Global Skills Strategy

You can qualify for two-week processing of your work permit application in two ways. It depends on whether or not you require a Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).
If you don’t need an LMIA (LMIA-exempt) you will be qualified for this stream if you meet all of these requirements:
· you are applying from outside Canada
· your job is either skill type 0 (managerial) or skill level A (professional) in the National Occupational Classification system
· your employer has submitted an offer of employment using the Employer Portal and paid the employer compliance fee
*International Experience Canada applicants are not eligible.
If you need an LMIA (LMIA-required), you will qualify for this stream if you meet all of these requirements:

  • you are applying from outside Canada
  • you have a positive LMIA through the Global Talent Stream of the Temporary Foreign Worker Program.
Spouses and dependents

Your spouse, common-law partner and dependent children are also eligible for two-week processing on applications. This applies to applications for a:

  • visitor visa
  • work permit
  • study permit

Useful Links

مشاوره مهاجرتی رویان