The PNP program enables the province to select and nominate foreign workers, international students, and entrepreneurs to help meet the province/territory labor market needs, support government priorities, and help grow their economy. If you are nominated, you and your family can apply to IRCC to become a permanent resident of Canada.
The first step to apply for provincial nomination, is to apply to the PNP in the province or territory where you want to live. You must have the skills, education, and work experience necessary to settle in Canada and support yourself and your family to qualify. The province or territory will determine if you can meet their economic and labor market needs, as well as those of Canada.
Following the approval of your application by the province or territory, you must apply for permanent residence within the timeframe set forth by the province or territory. The province or territory will inform you If you must apply through the Express Entry system or the regular application process:
• Nomination under an Express Entry PNP stream: If you are not already in the Express Entry pool, you will need to complete an Express Entry profile and be accepted into the pool.
• Nomination under a non-Express Entry PNP stream: Permanent resident applicants who were nominated through a non-Express Entry PNP stream should use the usual application process to seek for permanent residence.
You can find out who is eligible to apply for each stream of nominee program described below by looking at the table below. Please keep in mind that there are so many other qualifying conditions to meet before you can apply for a certain stream.
|Worker||Critical Impact Worker||– Have legal status in Canada|
– Have full-time year-round job offer from an eligible Yukon employer
– at least 6 months of full-time relevant work experience in occupations in NOC Skill Levels C or D
– at minimum a high school diploma, or Canadian equivalency;
|Skilled Worker||– Have full-time year-round job offer from an eligible Yukon employer|
– at least 12 months of full-time relevant work experience in occupations in NOC Skill Levels 0, A, or B
– at minimum a high school diploma, or Canadian equivalency
|Yukon Community Program||– Have with 2 to 3 part-time job offers from 1 to 3 eligible Yukon employers|
The program is for employers in:
– – Carcross;
– – Carmacks;
– – Dawson City;
– – Haines Junction;
– – Watson Lake; and
– – Whitehorse
For detailed information on eligibility requirements of each of stream, and to find out more on other provincial programs please contact us or fill out our free assessment form.